Control playback speed, add an overdrive effect, and mute the audio output with these simple mods to an old-school GE cassette player. This project assumes you already have a basic understanding of soldering techniques.
If you find mistakes, or want to provide additional modifications, hit me up on instagram.
(Click for links to Amazon product page for each item)
- GE 3-5027 Cassette player
- 5k Potentiometer
- 1M potentiometer
- SPDT switch
- N.O. momentary push button
- N.C. momentary push button
- On/Off push button
- 4×2 project box enclosure
- Hook-Up Wire
Other Basic Materials
Materials you need, but might already own.
- Soldering Station & solder
- Drill with various-sized bits
- Liquid nails, or other glue for plastic
- Wire strippers
- 2 Short screws w/ washers & nuts
- Small screwdriver
Click to view larger, right-click to save.
Button Layout Template
Download, print, and cut-out this template to use as a guide for where to drill your holes for your components.
Did you make one?
Share on instagram and tag me @thesoundofmachines. I will share your post in my stories!